Lisa Beth Gerstman Camp...
A summer program designed for children ages 6-13 years old who are hard of hearing or deaf. Held at our Bay Terrace Pool Club, campers enjoy daily swim lessons, sports, arts and crafts, and community trips. Thanks to the Lisa Beth Gerstman Foundation, your child will gain opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and create memories to last a lifetime.
Summer Camp Inclusion Program (S.C.I.P)...
Held at the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds, a goal of the program is to facilitate the successful inclusion of children who have physical disabilities within their community camp settings. Campers in grades K-10 are matched with their same aged peers. Our S.C.I.P. Director assists in monitoring the camp environment so campers are able to gain the best camp experience.
For more information about enrolling in the S.C.I.P. program, please contact Danielle Hersch, or call 718-225-6750 x263
Autism Summer Respite Program...
Autism Summer Respite is Medicaid Waiver funded program. ASR is an afternoon program serving children ages 5-21 with Autism and other similar disabilities. Located at the Samuel Field Y, children are able to participate in an array of educational, recreational, and socialization activities from 2:30-5:00 pm, which are organized and implemented by professional educators and clinicians. At summer school’s end, a one week, full day respite program is offered to participants.
Snack and transportation are provided for all programs.
Summer Project Child...
For Children with Disabilities, ADD, ADHD, learning disabilities, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- We provide a safe and nurturing after school and camp environment with fun and educational activities. Daily snack is provided.
- The program serves children ages 5-15 with a 3:1 child to staff ratio.
- Activities include Arts and crafts, computer time, cooking, science, outdoor activities, gym time, homework help (if necessary).
- Hours are 2:30-6:00 PM Monday-Friday for 6 weeks coinciding with the summer school schedule.
- Optional full day program offered on limited days at the beginning and end of the summer.
For more information about the Summer Project Child or to register, please contact Amanda Smith, or call 718-423-6111
Programs made possible by NYC Autism Initiative & JE + ZB Butler Foundation